Monday, April 27, 2009

A Steady 85% This week

Micki & I went for our usual CVS & Walgreens run. I saved 85% at each one. I told Mike I only saved 85% and Mike said, "What do you mean *only* 85%. That's great."

Micki decided that we needed to do Walgreens first. My retail amount there was 50.91. My total after coupons and sales was 21.64. They gave me $14 in Register Rewards making my final total 7.64.
My deals for Walgreens were:
  • Scotch packing tape on sale for .99 with a coupon from the ad (regularly 1.50). I also had coupons for .50/1 making my final price .49.
  • Ecotrin was $2 and they gave you $2 register rewards....FREE.
  • Got2B hair products were on sale 2/$10 but then you receive $5 in RR making the final price 2/$5. I had 2 coupons for $2/1 (http://got2b-production.s3.amazonaws.com/coupon.html ) making my final price 2 for $1!!
  • Nivea body wash are 4.99 and they give you $5RR making it FREE!

I didn't see any Easy Saver Rebate books for May, so maybe they really are phasing that out. I also forgot to get the Rembrandt toothpaste that is also free after register rewards.

Went to CVS next. My retail was $108.49 and after sales, coupons and ECB $38.43. I received $22 in Extra Care Bucks making my final 16.43.

Some of my best deals were:

  • Palmolive Dish Soap for .88. I had coupons for .35/1 which made my final price .53 each.
  • All Laundry detergent is on sale for buy 1 at 7.49 get 1 free. I had managed to get $2/1 coupons while they were up briefly. I used both which means that I got the laundry detergent 3.49 for 2 or 1.75 each!
  • Various speed stick deodorants on sale for 2/$5, but they give you $3 making the final price 2/$2. I had a coupon for .55 making my final price 2/$1.45 or .73 each.

They also offered a couple of deals that I took them up on. Buy $15 of certain cleaning products and receive $5 in ECB and buy $20 in certain medications/first aid products and get $10 back. I actually had to fight for this one. I was checking my receipt before I left and I hadn't received it. The cashier made me take everything out that should have earned me the ECB and she totaled it up and printed me up my $10 ECB. I didn't have to fight in a mean way after all, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I did a really good job on this though. I actually purchased a little over $20 but after coupons, my total was 16.87. Then they gave me that $10 ECB meaning that I paid 6.87 for over $20 worth of products.

No comments: