Monday, April 13, 2009

My usual weekly Wags & CVS run

Was anyone else a little sad yesterday that there were no coupon inserts in the paper yesterday? Thankfully, I saw that on bargainbriana.com, so I didn't get any papers since you can always see the sales ads online. Did you notice I say papers? I've started getting at least 2 papers a week for extra coupons. I save more than enough to make up for the extra cost of the papers.

Things seemed a little slim for both this week, but I still did really well for what I got. Oh, I'm not probably going to be albe to list all my coupon sources, but you can find most of them on bargainbriana.com or afullcup.com

First this week was CVS. My total retail was 58.18 and after sales & coupons my total was 25.47. I received 10.49 in extra care bucks back which makes my final OOP 14.98. That's a savings of 74%.
  • Some of Kellogg's cereals are on sale for $2 each. I had coupons for .75/1 making the final price for each 1.25. Again cheaper than Aldi's since their cereal runs about 1.50 a box.
  • Pantene items are on sale for 2/7.00 with an extra care bucks for $2 when you buy two, so the final price is 2/5.00. I had coupons from 3/15 P&G inserts for buy a shampoo and conditioner get a hair style product for free. So, I purchased 6 items which means it was $21 then I had two coupons which made it $14. Then I received $6 in extra bucks making the final price $8 or 1.33 each.

OK, time for wonderful Walgreens. I hope the new program they come up with will work as well as this current one. My retail was 21.44 and after coupons & turning in RR's, my final price was 4.75. BUT I didn't pay that. I had a Wags gift card from my Easy Saver Rebates which means I paid nothing. But that wasn't enough, no, they also gave me $2 more in RR's which means Wags paid me $2 to take over $20 worth of merchandise!

  • Chex Mix is on sale for .99. I had a coupon for .50/1 off one making the final price .40.
  • Scunci elastics are $2 for a pack of 18. You get $2.00 in RR back so in the end they are free.

I still need to go to CVS again to see if they have Pert & Raisin Bran back in stock. Here's a helpful hint. If you want food items that are on sale at CVS or Wags, go as early in the week as you can because they don't always have a lot of each food item nor do they always restock those items.

No comments: