Monday, April 27, 2009

My totals for the month so far....has it been worth it?

I just checked my totals for this month to see if all this work has been worth it. Well, I've purchased $886 worth of products for $205. That's a savings of 77%. So yes, I think it has been worth it. Wow, just think, that means that for every $1 I only paid .23 cents!

I've been reading Shop Smart, Save More by Teri Gault. Her website is http://www.thegrocerygame.com/. She really encourages stockpiling. She says the goal is to shop from your own shelves when you need something and not from the store. She also says you shouldn't make a weekly meal plan and shop from that because then you will be buying a lot of things that aren't on sale. When you have a good enough stockpile, you can just pick what you need form off your own shelves knowing that you purchased them at a good discount. Sounds like a good idea to me.

No comments: