Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How does 43.45 in products for only 4.96 sound?

I'm totally impressed today with my savings, if I do say so myself. I even ventured into Target which I VERY rarely ever do. I postponed doing school until later this afternoon in order to get this running done with Micki, so Mike could have the house alone to study.

First, Walgreens. Retail: 22.23. After coupons and sales: 16.46. I gave them $15 in RR which I've received previously which means I paid 1.46 which is a 93% savings. But wait! One of the items I purchased has a $10.00 Easy Saver Rebate through Wags which means in the end, Wags will pay me $8.54 for taking $22.23 worth of items out of their store!!!!

My deals at Wags:
  • Last time I was there, I saw some Pringles on clearance for .89 a can. I had a coupon for $1.00/2. They wouldn't give me full value but only .89 on each coupon, but that still made each can of Pringles only .45 each can.
  • I got my free SoftSoap body wash with my coupon from the one I bought last time so it was free.
On to CVS. I purchased 16.55 in retail. After coupons and sales: 7.68. I had 3.99 in extra bucks making my total 3.69. Then they gave me $1 extra bucks, so I ended up 2.69 oop (out of pocket). Total savings 84%.

Now, my venture into Target. I was a little disappointed because I didn't realize that it wasn't a Super Target (since I never go there), so there were some things I didn't get. My retail was 4.67 after coupons, my total was .81. That's an 83% savings. All the coupons I used here were Target coupons which I got at http://www.afullcup.com/target-coupon-generator . This site also has an awesome coupon research base.

So, as I said, I think I did very well today! I hope school goes as well after nap!

No comments: