Wednesday, April 29, 2009

End of the month



I had to make a run to Walmart for a few things, so I realized I needed to pick up the May edition of All You magazine which then of course, made me think about my coupons (which is basically the only reason why I buy the magazine). I realized that April 30/May 1st was right around the corner, so I ran through my coupons to see what might be expiring and took those with me in order to see what I could still make a deal on. I didn't do too poorly. Keep in mind that the most of coupons I used were expiring within the next few days, so they wouldn't to much good. If I remember the link/insert, I list it just in case you want to run out tonight or tomorrow.

The picture is of my very best deals today.
  • Wheat Thin Artisan crackers regularly $2/1. I had a coupon B1G1 making the final cost $1 each box. 3/15 SS (exp. 5/31)
  • Pace Picante Sauce was 4.96 for a big 4lb bottle. I had a $4/1 coupon that had been a very temporary promotion online meaning that I got that big jar of salsa for only 96 cents!!
  • The yogurt was the usual good deal from Walmart. Those 4 packs of yogurt were 2.08 each. I had $1/1 coupons so I got each 4 pack for $1.08.
  • Thomas English Muffins have been "rolled down" to 1.97 a pack. With a $1 coupon from March 2009 edition of All You made it 97 cents.
  • Cascade rinse was 3.13. I had a coupon to get it free! Do I have a dishwasher? No. But it was free!! I will turn it over to our church food pantry
  • Betty Crocker muffin mix was .78 each. I had 2 coupons for .45 each making the final price 33 cents each. No, you can't do better than that at Aldi. :-)
  • Old El Paso Taco mix was .68 each. I had a coupon for $1/2 Old El Paso items which made my total price .36 for both or .18 each mix.

So, note to self and any others who may listen in to my ravings, remember to check you coupons expiration dates and see what you can still use for a good deal before they expire. Oh, I also tried to do a good deed for others. If I found I item that was too expensive for my taste even with the coupon, I left it for others who may not be as picky as I am. (Yeah, like I'm willing to pay $2.50 for shampoo any more!)

Oh, BTW, out of those coupon items, the retail would have been 23.22. After the coupons, the total was 8.16 making my savings 65%. Not bad especially considering the fact that none of the items were on sale!

No comments: