Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3 Trips...first time with double coupons.

Found out that Hen House does double coupons. While I don't have any right near by, there is one in Lee's Summit not too far away near Micki's gymnastics and my doctor. I did pretty well. They one thing I learned about double coupons is that it's better to have a .35 coupon than a .60 one. A coupon for .60 won't be doubled, but a coupon for .35 will be double to .70 thus a .35 coupon is worth more than a .60 coupon.

So, at Hen House I bought 38.20 retail for 14.61 after sales and rebates making a 58% savings.
  • Pillsbury Crescent roll were on sale for 1.49, and I had a coupon for .35/1 which was doubled for .70 making the final price .79. The coupons were on coupons.com...remember, you can score a double benefit if you go to coupons.com through mypoints.com.
  • Kraft dressing was on sale for 1.48. In SS 3/29, there was a coupon for 1.50/1 meaning that I got paid .02 for each of the dressings I purchased.

I needed to get some prescriptions refilled. I had a coupon for a $10 gift card at Kmart for a new transfer script that was in the paper last Sunday 4/5. I filled one of the prescriptions that I don't need that frequently and got my $10 gift card. I used it in part to purchase some Quaker granola bars that were on clearance for 1.49 so I scored those for free.

When I left Kmart, I went Price Chopper to get the rest of my prescriptions and pick up a few things, of course. I purchased 6.17 worth of items for 2.28 which makes a 63% savings.

  • McCormick food coloring is regularly 4.19 but on sale for 2.00 for Easter. I got a coupon for $1/1 from coupons.com making it 1.00.
  • Duncan Hines cake mix is on sale for .99. this is the kind of cake mix I like to use when I decorate a cake. There were coupons in SS 3/29 for .35/1 making the final price .64

I plan to go back to Price Chopper, hopefully tomorrow. There was a shopping cart half full of deodorant on clearance for 2.00 each. I'm checking out my coupons after I get off here! Mike & I will never have stinky armpits again...I know, too much information. :-)

No comments: