Thursday, April 16, 2009

CVS and Price Chopper run

Went back to CVS today to get some things I missed the other day. Also, I made a run to Price Chopper. When I was planning, the Price Chopper list wasn't up yet on http://www.becentsable.com/, so I figured out things myself. It wasn't too hard since I used the coupon data base on http://www.acupfull.com/. I wanted to make sure I got some shopping done before going to the MPE Homeschool conference over the next 2 days.

At CVS, my retail was 11.77 and after sales, coupons, and Extra Care Bucks, my OOP was .99. BUT CVS gave me 5.99 back in ECB meaning that they paid me $5.00 to take 11.77 worth of products out of their store.
  • Pert Shampoo on sale 2/$5. They give you $2 in ECB making the final price 2/$3. I had 2 coupons for $1/1 making my final price 2/$1. I paid .50 for a bottle of Pert shampoo which is regularly priced at 3.69 which makes it a savings of 86% savings on those items.
  • Purchased their Colgate toothpaste which is 3.99 and then they give you 3.99 ECB making it free.

On to Price Chopper. Retail was 42.67. After sales and coupons my OOP was 17.81 making my savings 58%.

  • Ragu was on sale for 1.25 each and I had 3 coupons for .30 off making my final price .95 each but I bought 4 because if your purchased 4 you got 2 packs of 24 oz American Beauty spaghetti for FREE.Bold That was $3 in free pasta. I think I could afford buying on of the Ragu's for 1.25 to save $3.
  • Lipton/Knorr side dishes are on sale for .79 each. I had a coupon for .75/2 meaning that I got one for .04.
  • Softsoap Liquid hand soap on sale for $1 each. Had a coupon for .35/1 making the final price .65.
  • Some McCormick's spices were on sale for 1.50. I had a coupon for $1/1 making the final price .50. Final savings of 77%.

I was nice to actually score some "real" food although saving money on things like granola bars, yogurt, shampoo, etc is VERY nice. Mike isn't that surprised anymore unless I save less than 50%...what pressure!

No comments: