Sunday, June 14, 2009

This week at CVS & Walgreens

This week, I was accompanied not only by Micki but Mike as well. He's always so encouraging. It's just kind of nice to have him see me in action. ;-)

At CVS, my original total was 53.92. I spent 9.59 which was an 82% savings. They gave me $11 in ECB which means they ended up paying me 1.41 to take 53.92 worth of items.

OK, so Rachel commented that she missed the details, so I'll include them this time. The squeaky wheel and all... :-)

  • Schick Quatro Titanium Razor 7.99 with $3 in ECB makes it 4.99. Use $4/1 coupon from 6/14 SS and you have it for .99.
  • Select varieties of Kellogg's Cereals 1.88 each. I used 2-$1.50/1 coupons from 6/7 RP making them .38 each. (Now, to be honest, these were all the sugary cereals, so I won't keep them for my family but pass them on to one of the ministries my new church does.
  • Crest Pro-Health toothpaste was 2.99 with $2 in ECB making it .99. I had a $1/1 coupon I had received through the mail meaning that I made a whole penny! If you use the .50/1 coupon from 6/7 P&G, it makes it .49 which is still a good deal.
  • Purex Complete 3 in 1 are 6.99 with $2 in ECB making it 4.99. Using the $2/1 coupons from today's SS makes them 2.99 each. We've tried these and have liked them.

Ok, on to Walgreens. I've read several of the coupons queens who mention to figure out which cashier seems to be the most friendly. On Sunday evening, there's one gentleman that is very nice, but insists that I can only use 1 RR even though even his manager has taken multiple from me. BUT, I got there early in the evening and the nice girl in cosmetics is always willing to take any RR I have!

Unfortunately, I didn't do as well as as usual...only 75% savings after coupons, RR and receiving $15 back in I paid 12.77 for 51.96 worth of items.

  • St. Ives Body Wash is 2.99 and ends up free after getting 2.99 RR.
  • Ragu spaghetti sauce was on sale 2/$4. If you purchased 8 of the selected items you got $8 in RR back. So, I purchased 8 Ragu for $16. I used 2 coupons for .75/2. I think I got it from 5/7 RP. So, that means $16 in Ragu sauce, after RR & coupons was 6.50 or .81 each.
  • Hefty One Zip bags are B1G1 @ 3.29. Use (2) $1/1 from 5-17 RP making it 2 boxes for 65 cents each.

Well, there's all the details!

No comments: