Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My "System"

Many have asked about my coupon organizing system. Well, here it is. Yes, this is all my coupons!

I have this box. It's just a little bigger than a shoe box. I like the fact that lid locks down which prevents coupons spilling out. It's also a very handy box to take into stores with me like when Kmart had double coupons. I also keep my scissors in it, so they are handy. (BTW, don't forget that cutting coupons is handy practice for your preschoolers!)

Yes, I do cut my coupons now, because I find they take up less space that way. I still separate my coupons by insert and then also have an alphabetical section and a few other envelopes.

OK, so if you look at the envelopes you would see for instance on labeled SS 4/19, so in that envelope, I have the coupons from the Smart Source insert from 4/19. I have one envelope for each insert for every week.

Next, I have envelopes labeled alphabetically which means in the D envelope I have coupons I printed or got somewhere else like coupons for Dial, Dove, etc.

Other envelopes I have in my box include:
  • An All You envelope that has the coupons from All You magazine after I've read it. Takes less space then trying to store multiple magazines.
  • Envelopes for CVS & Wags in which I keep my RR & ECB and anything else special for that store.
  • An Aldi's envelope. I keep my receipts and notes about various prices there so I can check if I'm really getting a good deal.
  • A Rebate envelope for things I'm saving for rebates. Duh.
  • A Dining & Entertaining. Coupons to restaurants and such. The challenge here is to look at it before you leave! How many times to I get frustrated knowing I have a coupon for the restaurant at which we're eating at home!

Well, I hope that gives you some ideas. One thing I've learned is not everything works for everyone. This is my second organizing system since I started in March.

No comments: