Monday, June 8, 2009

Kmart Double Coupons

I managed two runs to Kmart today. Of course, since it's the Monday after the initial start of double coupons, a lot of things were picked over already. I even took my coupon box with me on the second trip.

I highly recommend picking out a bunch of different potential coupons initially and then check you coupon stash. Also, other sites may give you ideas, but your price for the items may be different making it not such a great deal.

The first trip was 17.75 in retail and I paid .38 making it a 98% savings. It made me feel good to be able to lick my wounds from my savings at Wags and CVS last night!

I actually spent 1 1/2 hours at Kmart during my second run just trying to find some deals. Now, I'll admit that there were many things that I could have gotten for fairly good prices like 1.00 or 1.50, but I felt that wasn't good enough. My retail price was 36.97 and I paid 5.84 which is an 84% savings.

So between the 2 runs, I had a savings of 89%.

I might actually take a look at the Kmart sales ad and see if there was anything they have on sale that I missed otherwise, I probably won't go back unless I go to the other Kmart in town to see if they are stocked better on items.

No comments: