Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Second CVS visit & a quick Price Chopper

A little disappointed at CVS. Thankfully, I had one copy of the diaper deal I wrote about (Pampers 8.99 and then receive $5 ECB), which the manager decided to take as a coupon and was going to allow me to print off another copy to bring it in for my ECB, but guess what, CVS had taken the deal off the website on Monday! So even though I got a good deal on the diapers. I got 2 jumbo packs of diapers for 10.98 after coupons and the one $5 ECB I received.

Well, I actually got them for free in the long run. I purchased 51.38 in retail and my OOP was 8.14 which is an 84% savings. I received $9 in ECB, so in the end they paid me .86 which is more than 100% savings.

Had to run to Price Chopper to pick up a prescription. Thankfully, kcpennypinchinmama.com already had the Price Chopper match-ups online, so I was able to get a few things while I was there. The retail was 23.62 and after coupons and sales, I paid 12.96 which was only a 45% savings. Still, I paid almost half of what another person would have paid.

One deal that I found that KC Penny Pinchin Mama didn't have was the Ronzoni Bistro meals at 2/$4. In 5/10 Smartsource, there was a coupon for $1/1, so with 2 coupons, I got them for 2/$2. Ronzoni Bistro Meals are like a fancy Spaghetti-O's. They work well for an occasional lunch for Mike.

No comments: