Saturday, May 2, 2009

What can I save while I'm waiting for Sunday inserts?

Well, ran to Walgreens yesterday. I had to make sure I got the items that were going to be free this week because I had forgotten them on my earlier run.

I purchased 21.97 worth of items for 5.47. That would have been a 75% savings but I got 8.50 back in RR, so they paid me $3.03. I always try to get the items that end up being free because they give you RR or ECB at CVS. This time the items I got for free was Rembrandt toothpaste and Bayer Aspirin.

I had to pick up my prescriptions at Price Chopper and made sure to run through the ads before I went. I purchased 34.30 worth of groceries for 12.83 which is a 63% savings. I have to remind myself that means I only paid 37 cents for every dollar.

Some of my best deals were on cereal. Kellogg Miniwheats were on sale for 2/$5. I had a B1G1 coupon meaning that I got 2/$2.50 or 1.25 each. I purchased 2 more with $1/1 coupons making them 1.50 each and some Rice Krispees for .66 after a coupon for $1/1 because they were on sale 3/$5 which is 1.66. Most of those coupons I got through snail mail, but one was from 4/5 RP and I think I got one or two from coupons.com. Better than Aldi's prices. You bet.

(Speaking of Aldi. Hyvee has their instant oatmeal on sale for 1.38 this week. Micki is an oatmeal fiend. Aldi sells theirs for 1.49. Hey, 11 cents is 11 cents.)

I also got some Sara Lee Bread. It was on sale for 1.97 and I had $1/1 coupons from 4/26 RP. So name brand bread for .97. I only wish the whole wheat were included.

Also, Johnsonville Brat is on sale for 2/$5. There was a .55/1 coupon in 4/5 SS. I had two so I managed to get 2 for 3.90 or 1.95 each .

Well, tomorrow we start a new week with Walgreens & CVS. Of course, you can still snag thes deals from Price Chopper until Tuesday.

No comments: