Monday, May 4, 2009

As the Wags turns.... (and CVS)

Made my weekly run to Wags and CVS. I brought home 83.18 worth of items and Wags & CVS ended up paying me $26 to do it!!!

At Walgreens I purchased 36.40 worth of items. After sales, coupons and a $6 RR (the cashier only let me turn in one :-P), my total was 16.49. Then I had 14.84 left on my gift card from last months Easy Saver Rebates (which they are no longer going to offer :-P) which made my OOP 2.47. But then I received $11 in Register Rewards which means they actually paid me about 8.50.
  • V8 V-Fusion on sale 2/$6. Online coupon for $2/1 at http://www.tryv8.com/. Do you know about printing 2 coupons. Most coupon can be printed up twice. Just back arrow a couple of times until it gets to the print screen again! Final price for these were $1 each.
  • Buy $10 of selected ConAgra products and receive $3 in RR. Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers $3. A coupon for $1/1 from the May edition of All You magazine (only available at Walmart). Final price $2. Chef Boyardee 2/$3. Coupon for $1/4 in the same edition of All You making final price for 4/$5 Also purchase some Van Camps Pork & Beans at $2/1. So, after purchasing those items, I got my $3 RR which means I ended up getting all those items only $5.
  • Pert Plus is 2/$5 and after $2 RR you end up getting them for 2/$3. I had 2 coupons for $1.50/1 from 5/3 Smart Source meaning that I got both for FREE!
  • Colgate Sensitive3 Toothpaste is 4.99 but you get 4.99 in RR back making the final price free. BUT if you get the $1/1 coupon from http://www.colgate.com/app/ColgateSensitiveNew/US/EN/HomePage.cvsp then it ends up being a money maker!

On to CVS. My retail total 46.78. After sales, couponBolds & $27 in ECB received from previous purchases, my OOP was 2.39. Of course, that's not where ends. They gave me $20 in ECB which means they paid me about 17.50.

  • Huggies wipes are 2/$5. I had 2 coupons from 4/19 Smart Source making my final price 2/$3.50.
  • Select Kellogg cereals are 3/$10 which doesn't sound like that great of a deal, but they give your $5 RR making the final price 3/$5. That's better, but I wanted an even better deal, so I 2 coupon for $1/1 for Mini Wheat that I received through the mail. I got another $1/1 from coupons.com. That made my final price for 3 boxes of cereal was $2 or about .67 each.
  • I don't know anything about Zantrex-3, but it's available for FREE after getting the Extra Care Bucks.
  • Dawn dish soap is .99. I had a coupon for .50/1 that I received through snail mail making the final price .49
  • Adidas Action 3 Anti-perspirant is on sale for $3.99 but after getting $3.00 ECB the final price is .99. But there is a coupon for $1/1 from 4/5 Red Plum making it FREE.
  • Colgate MaxWhite toothpaste is $2.99. After getting $2.00 back in ECB, the final price is .99. But when you use the $1/1 coupon from 4/22 Smart Source it ends up FREE.

Mike was floored when he dragged in all the bags of things and I told him I only paid $5 OOP and then was paid $26 in return!

No comments: