Thursday, May 21, 2009

My mistake, My Gain

My Bad!! Well, part of it was me and part was Wags.

Did my usual Wags run today. Had a friend and her mother come along to kill time.I truly don't think her mom thought I could do what my friend told her I could do.

I have gotten into the habit of always checking my receipt especially after leaving Wags or CVS. Quite frequently I catch them not giving me a B1G1 or a RR or ECB I earned. I'm always nice about it, however, and if they insist that I didn't earn it or it wasn't on sale then I return it right then and there. That's what I thought was happening today.

I was matching my RR with what I thought I had earned and found one for $4 missing. I went right back to the register to hear the normal spiel of you can't use RR to purchase the same thing in RR which I assured her that I hadn't. Then I heard that my coupons probably took me below the required $10 purchase which is why it didn't print. I said I wanted to return those items then. Here's where it gets kind of hairy and my friend left! :-)

Actually, the manager was VERY nice and thoughtful. She went to the other register and voided the whole thing out and brought over to the register where I was waiting. She told me the same spiel so I actually went and got another item in the promotion to make me over the $10 required. She was ringing it up again. This time one of the coupons wouldn't go through and she insisted again that since my total sales was going to be under $10 I wouldn't get the RR, so I asked her to go ahead and take the extra item off since I didn't really need it and it wasn't going to help me.

Here's the thing. When I was rung up the second time with the same items and one less coupon, my total went for $2.06 to just .06! Crazy!! And when I tried to return the RR from the first time which she voided out, she said I could keep them AND THEN she gave me the RR from the second transaction as well! I asked her a couple of times if she wanted them back and she said no.

Well, here's my bad part. I come home and lay everything out in front of Mike to tell him the story and what did I find? I found 2 RR for $4 from the offer that I had said I didn't received (color me embarrassed). Apparently, I had gotten the first time, but it must have gotten stuck to the back of another one, so I didn't notice it. AND THEN when she rung it up again insisting that I wasn't going to receive it again....I did receive it again!

So, this week is a little crazy for Wags. My OOP went from 2.06 down to .06 and my RR went from $16 up to $32 all because I didn't see a RR I had received. No, I do not recommend this a normal part of couponing!!!!!

The main deals that I got were (thanks to becentsable.net):
  • Colgate visible white toothpaste 4 oz $4.99Use $1 off here Receive $4.99 in RR Final Price: FREE plus $1.00 overage. Moneymaker!

  • Right Guard Professional or Dry Idea complete $5.99 Use $1 off from SS 4/19/09 Receive $5 in RRs Final Price: FREE plus possible $.01 overage. Moneymaker! (Actually, the picture shows in the print add shows Right Guard Extreme which at the Wags I went came up at 2.99 at the register!!! I had a coupon for $1/1 from http://www.nbc.com/the-celebrity-apprentice/exclusives/sponsors/rightguard/ and then received the RR for $5, too!!)

  • Bayer Quick release crystals $2.49 Get $2.49 RR. Final Price: FREE

  • Purchase $10 in select Bandaid items ($2/5) and/or Neosporin items ($5 each) and receive $4 in RR. Use $1/1 from 4-26 Red Plum, 3-15 Smart Source, or 2-8 Smart Source. (Thanks bargainbriana.com for this one.)

No comments: