Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ThredUp--I'm going to try it. UPDATED



I just had to share this because I'm going to try it.

ThredUp is a kids clothing swap.  People post boxes of "pre-loved" clothing, books or toys.  You select a box.  Each box only costs $5 plus shipping which is $10.95, so basically, you're paying $16 for a box full of stuff. 

A lot of people pay $16 for one item!  This is for a whole priority box of stuff.  You might get things cheaper at the thrift store or a garage sale, but think of the time and gas you'll save.

You can also sign up to post boxes which cost you nothing besides the time to pack and list the items. ThredUp even sends you the boxes!  Posting boxes is optional.

As you can see from the box above, when you join, you get your first box for free which means you only have to pay the shipping.

BUT GET THIS

Right now, they are also having a sale. They are also offering 30% off each box through August 25, 11:59 pm PST.  That 30% is off the whole $16 price, so each box would only be only $10.62ish

So, go for the sale, but even if you don't make it in time, you can still score your first box for FREE!

Just click the box above or any of the links to join the fun!

UPDATED--I just placed my first order and this rocks!!!!!  First, my first order only $6.12!!!!!  I got the first box free and the 30% off!!   I'm doing my cha-ching dance.
Here's what I'm getting in my box:

4 long sleeved tops, peace signs, tie dye; 1 pair winter, spongebob pajamas, yellow and pink; 2 pairs of skinny jeans by Squeeze, adjustable waists, size 7, dark wash; lilac flowered dress, size 8 ( I cut out the tags but It's from either Land's End or LLBean. The reversable (sic) down vest is kelly green on one side and green/navy argyle on the other with pockets. Fur vest is super girly and white! Also included is a pair of hot pink long johns, size 6, ran a little big.


This would have been a good deal for $16 but IT'S INCREDIBLE for only $6!!!




No comments: