Sunday, January 9, 2011

Anniversary trip to CVS

My wonderful husband made arrangements for our daughter to visit her cousins for a few days which allowed us a couple of evenings to celebrate our 22nd anniversary and allowed me to have a day all by myself!  I hibernated yesterday reading and watching stupid "reality" shows that I don't usually get to watch.

Last night was our "official" celebration.  It usually includes dinner and a movie.  Since there was no movie that really was to our liking, we did the frugal thing and rented a few videos.   Blockbuster had a code for rent 2 get 1 free. (The code expires tonight at midnight or I'd share it!) It was really cool, because we just picked out what we wanted and paid for it here at home on the computer and picked it up at the kiosk.

After our yummy dinner with plenty to bring home for a second meal, we stopped by CVS to stock up on some munchies for our videos. 

We've been drinking more tea to save money on pop (or soda depending on where you live).  However, the Pepsi products were already marked on sale, so we decided to stock up.  The deal was purchase 6 for $20 and get $10 in ECB.

So, here's what how it all ended.  The retail total was $38.63.  We paid $4.63 which is a savings of 88%.  I received $10 in ECB which means CVS paid me $5.37 for shopping there!

No comments: