Sunday, July 12, 2009

CVS Run and School Supplies

Hey all.
I managed to get my CVS run in this evening. It's actually kind of funny because the shift supervisor and I have an ongoing joke about the fact that I kill a tree each time I come in because my receipts are always so long!

CVS has a lot of school supplies for free through Tuesday. I stocked up knowing that whatever we don't need, I can donate to our church's school supply collection coming up.

Here's my deals:
  • PaperMate Grip Pens .99 w/.99 in ECB means FREE
  • Caliber/CVS school glue .99 w/.99 in ECB means FREE
  • Caliber/CVS 12" rulers .99 w/.99 in ECB means FREE
  • Caliber/CVS 5-subject notebooks 3.99 w/3.00 in ECB means .99 each
  • (Purchased the limit of all of these. They were out of the one subject notebooks for free, but I'll go back and check tomorrow or Tuesday.)
  • Scott bathroom tissue 12 pk for 6.99. Coupons for 1.00/1 from http://www.coupons.com/ makes the final price 5.99 or about .50 per roll.
  • Tylenol Arthritis is 3.99. Get $3 in ECB making it .99 but I had a coupon for $2/1 from 5/17 RP and tada! they paid me $1 to take it.

I got a few other things, but these were the best deals. I always make sure to check http://www.bargainbrianna.com/ and http://www.becentsable.net/ because sometimes one kind find deal that the other missed (like the Tylenol) and I then do a little searching myself as well in case there are things I want that they didn't get (like the Scott TP).

Ok, so here's the numbers. The total retail was 71.63. After sales, coupons and ECB turned in, my oop was 27.54 which would be a 62% savings if I stopped right there. But they gave me $20 in ECB back meaning my final price was 7.54 or a savings of 89%. Not as good as I often do, but I think it's good enough!

No comments: