Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm going to teach a class...AHHHHH!!!!

What was I thinking!!!

I'm not afraid of teaching.  I'm afraid I'm not going to have that much too say to people about couponing in the world of "extreme" couponing!!

I've never been extreme, and now that I'm working hard on eating for my health, my grocery store couponing is really challenging. 

But since the principles for couponing are basic, I figure I can give the basics and they can go as extreme as they want. 

I'm thinking out loud here...well, typing out loud.  Here's what I'm planning so far.

I'm going to start by sharing my testimony on how I got into couponing.

Then, I'm thinking about mentioning some reasons why you should coupon.
  • To save money, duh.
  • To give to charity or those in need
  • To help in hospitality
  • For the thrill of the deal!
Next, I was going to mention where to find coupons.
  • Newspaper inserts
  • Internet--coupon sites like coupons.com, company websites, FB
  • Calling/contacting companies
  • Ebay, coupon clippers, Coupon wizard
  • Neighbors, family, friends
  • Yes, dumpster diving
I would follow with ways of storing your coupons.  I would love some input on this 
  • I use a note with dated inserts and sheets for individual coupons
  • I have cut them all out and stored them in envelopes alphabetically and by date. (like the photo)
  • I know some cut them all and store them alphabetically in baseball card pages.
  • What are some other ways you keep track of your coupons???
How about some coupon terms next?
  • Mfg vs store
  • OOP
  • Insert abbreviations...why is abbreviation such a long word?
  • Stacking
  • Store policy
  • ECB
  • What else would be useful?
I know I've barely have gotten started, but I need to stop for now.  My battery is running low...computerwise and physically!

I really would love input and ideas on what I have so far!!  Please comment!
I'll finish some more brainstorming tomorrow, hopefully!  July 25th is closer than it seems!

No comments: