Saturday, May 1, 2010

Michaels Deal

Don't usuallly go to Michael's since we don't have one right here in Independence and because I prefer Hobby Lobby, but I read some where they would be having a free beading activity this afternoon.  I've been wanting to learn how to make jewelry, so DD and I went.  It was a really cool activity and I did learn some basics plus received a few little kits free to make at home.

That was cool but not my major deal.

When I walked in, they had large bags filled with left over easter and other misc. stuff marked for only $2!  I was so focused on the jewelry thing that by the time I got back there there was only 1 left and I grabbed it.  I figured no matter what was in this bag that weighed a good 7 lbs, I could definitely get my $2 out of it and I did/will!   I scored some small gift items suitable for my gift stockpile, a few small gifts for stocking stuffers or such, and some invitations, plates and napkins with a cupcake theme.  I then sold my dd the idea that she was going to have a "cool"  cupcake theme for her birthday!  So, some gifts and a few party supplies for a birthday, I'd say yup, I got my $2 worth!

So once again, open your eyes and you can get a surprise!

No comments: