Monday, April 18, 2011

Kmart and Apple Market

Here's my confession.  After my husband got paid on Friday, I went out that evening to Kmart to purchase Easter "stuff."   I just wanted to make sure we got our stuff before the money ran out!

Well, to my shame, I did not shop sales or have coupons.  I know!  Crazy! 

But God redeemed my hastiness.  You see, two things that I purchased went on sale yesterday.  Did I pout and fret?  No.  I merely took my receipt into Kmart and they gave me back the difference which was $10!

Now, getting $10 back would have been a good enough deal, but I wanted chicken.

You see, Apple Market had some chicken.  It was on sale for $0.89 a pound.  I had two coupons for $1 a package of the Pilgrim Brand chicken that was on sale.  Sounds easy enough.  The problem is the Apple Market by us STILL DOESN'T TAKE INTERNET COUPONS!!!!!!  (Can you tell I'm a little frustrated?  I'm like "Wake up and join the 21st century already!)

So, on the way home from Kmart we stopped at another Apple Market.  I pickup two packages totalling 6 pounds for $5.34.  After my $2 off in coupons, my total became $3.34 which is $0.56 a pound.  That's a savings of 37% off the sale price.  I'm not sure how much the chicken regularly goes for, but I think I did a good job.

No comments: