Thursday, April 28, 2011

Colonoscopy and CVS

I had a colonoscopy this week.  The day before is YUCKY.  Among other things, you have to mix a 14 day supply of Miralax with 64 oz. of Gatorade and drink it within 2-4 hours!  Yup.

All that said, my colon ended up being pretty, pink, and perfect!

Why am I posting this here, you may ask?  Because I used some coupons to save money on all the yucky stuff I had to take, of course.

First, I grabbed the freebie of the week, because it's free.


Blink Tears (.5 oz) or Gel Tears (.34 oz) - $7.99
Earn $7.99 Extra Bucks (Limit 1)
$1/1 Blink Tears or Blink GelTears Lubricating Eye Drops 04/03/11 SS Insert (exp 05/09/11)
Betsy's Price FREE


I then went to Miralax.com to score a $2/1 coupon for any size Miralax.  I know the 30 day is on sale this week, but this was cheaper and I didn't need that much.

I took a coupon for the Dulcolax tablets I needed as well.  However, the store brand ended up being cheaper than with the $1/1 coupon I found in 1/16 SS.
My  retail total for these three items was $23.75.  After ECB and Qs, I paid $15.78 which is a savings of 34%.  After receiving the $7.99 in ECB for the Blink Tears, my total became $7.79 which is a savings of 67%. 

Just because I ended up spending a lot of time on the toilet, didn't mean I had to throw my money down the drain! 

No comments: