Monday, December 13, 2010

My husband gets a taste of couponing

I felt terrible yesterday.  Even missed church.  But I had $6 in Jingle Cash/Register Rewards that expired yesterday.  That was a lot to waste in my mind, so I asked Mike if he would pick something up and just use it for me.  Since it was only showing my card and handing over one piece of paper, he felt that it would be a stretch but he could handle it.  ;-)

Walgreens has a Sony DVD player for $29.99 so, that is what he decided to buy since we did need a new DVD player.

Here's the scoop.  The retail was $47.99.  My DH paid $23.99 OOP which is a 50% savings.  He then received $5 in "Super" Jingle Cash back which he thought was really cool which meant in the end, he paid $18.99 which is a savings of 60%. 

1 comment:

Sandy Main said...

That is wonderful! I really wish we had more choices down this way. I need to start visiting other stores when I'm in Independence!