Saturday, June 12, 2010

Belated Wags & CVS

Due to an unexpected toothache followed by an unexpected extraction a week later, I'm really behind on my couponing.  Since this week is almost over, I'm not even going to bother showing the deals I used.  I found them from mommasnacks.com and becentsable.net.

At Walgreens, my retail total was $15.62, but after sales, coupons and RR, my OOP was $1.03.  That's a savings of 93%.  I received $5 in RR which meant they actually paid me $3.97 for my items.  Here I purchased some Pampers Wipes for only $0.50.

When I went to CVS, I purchased 3 boxes of cereal which would have been $13.67 retail.  I paid 4.50 which is a savings of 67%.   That would have made each box of cereal $1.50 which isn't bad, but I received $5 ECB back which means I got them for FREE!

Well, there you have it.  I did get a raincheck at CVS for something. 

I might as well mention the deals I got during my tooth.  Since we don't have insurance, medical costs are out of pocket.  I was told the cost for the extraction was going to be $175.  I ended up being charged only $106.  I don't know what made the difference, but I'll take it.

I then went to Kmart for my pain meds.  They are usually less busy and I sue them for the occasional prescription.  I had gone there merely for the convenience, but picked up a sales ad and found a coupon for a $10 gift card with a new prescription.  It was nice getting $10 for something I was going to do anyway!

My friends think it hilarious that I was excited and giving praise for a discounted extraction and gift card instead of bemoaning my pain!  Priorities!

No comments: