Saturday, August 1, 2009

Finally, CVS, Wags, and Price Chopper this week

You know, living with a bathroom in the middle of "renovation" puts a cramp in living. Which is why, in part, I'm finally getting around to my rounds. I'm very disappointed, though, because it means I missed all free things I could have gotten at CVS earlier in the week. Well, I still did pretty well there anyway.

Since tomorrow starts a whole new week for CVS and Walgreens, I'm not going to go into details about my savings since I don't think most of you will be running out within the next few hours to score the same deals!

Walgreens was a little disappointing compared to usual since I only had $1 in RR and no coupons! My retail 28.42 was only reduced by 23% to 21.97. I did receive $5 in RR making my final total 16.97 or 40% savings. That's my usual grocery store savings, not Wags! Oh well.

At Price Chopper, however, I did an awesome job. My retail was 21.69 and after sales and coupons, I paid 4.70. That's a 73% savings. Yippee!! I don't usually do that well at grocery stores. found my deals on www.kcpennypinchinmama.com
  • The first best deal: Bic pens. They are on sale for 2 for $1.00. Get a coupon from www.coupons.com for $1/2 and they are free. I walked out with 6 packs of pens for nothing.
  • Kellogg’s Pop Tarts, Selected Varieties---Price with card: $1.49 Less $0.55/1 coupon 6-7-09 RP (exp. 8-2) or $0.55/1 Blueberry Muffin here Final Price: $0.94
  • Sunshine Cheez-Its---Price with card: $1.99 Less $0.75/1 coupon here Final Price: $1.24
  • Hunt’s Ketchup--Price with card: $0.99 Less $0.20/1 coupon 6-21-09 SS Final Price: $0.79
CVS was the best deal. My retail was 36.01. After sales, coupons, and ECB, my OOP was 7.31 which was a savings of 80%. Then the gave me $8 back in ECB making my final cost....FREE.

Also, if you have an Extra Care Card from CVS (which you should have by now), you also get a few gift from CVS in August the first time you use your card. My free gift coupon is for a bottle of aspirin. OK, it's not that great...but it will be free when I turn it in!!!!

No comments: