Thursday, May 5, 2011

86% savings...I'll take it.

Made a run to HyVee today.  I'm trying to make sure I don't forget to use my coupons for free things.  These are the two I used tonight.

FREE 1 pint of Breve Creme coffee creamer
FREE 1 pouch Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

Where did I get them?  I know the creamer one came from Vocal Point.  The other was either a freebie for which I signed up independently or on Facebook.  I find most of my freebies through my usual couponing sources or specifically, Freebie Shark.

The couple of deals I used I found on Kansas City Mamas.  It's a new site for me.

Dannon Yogurt 10/$3 
$0.40/6 from 4/10 SS
Betsy's Price: $0.23 each

Uncle Ben's Country Inn Rice  $0.99
$0.75/1  from 3/20 RP
Betsy's Price: $0.24

Thankfully, I remembered to write down the original prices since HyVee doesn't note that on their receipt.  My retail total would have $10.36.  After sales and coupons, I paid $1.44.  That's a savings of 86%!  That's awesome for me at a regular grocery store. 

No comments: