Friday, February 11, 2011

Walgreens Emergency-style

Haven't been posting much because haven't had much to post.  Things have been extremely tight, so even have a few $$ to invest in couponing hasn't been happening.

milk gallonDid I mention things are REALLY tight?  So, when I looked at my $6.50 in Register Rewards and they were due to expire yesterday and it was 9:30 PM, I yelped.  Yup, literally yelped.  I was already in my pjs and since the van is broken and I can't drive the truck, I was left to ask Mike to make a run.  Considering our current circumstances, he understood the importance of not wasting $6.50!

I knew I would be pushing it too far to include coupons, so just pointing out a few sale items was going to it.

Even so, he got a good taste of the thrill of victory and some experience using Register Rewards.

The total retail was $12.77.  Mike paid $0.75.  That's a savings of 94%.  Not bad with only some sales and some RR.

No comments: